How do you clean the bobbin on a Brother sewing machine?
How do I clean the bobbin case?
- Remove the power plug from the outlet.
- Raise the needle to its highest position, pull the latch and remove the bobbin case.
- Slide the latch levers out from the retaining ring.
- Remove the retaining ring.
- Remove the hook by grasping the center post and pulling out.
Why is my bobbin case not spinning?
Bobbin Case Not Turning
First, it may be that your bobbin thread tension is too tight. … The other source may be due to your bobbin thread winding up under uneven tension. To fix this issue, you will need a new bobbin, wind the thread slowly and make sure the tension is nice and even.
How do I remove the bobbin from My Brother sewing machine?
Loosen the presser foot screw and the needle clamp screw to remove the presser foot holder and the needle.
- Grasp both sides of the needle plate cover and then slide it toward you to remove the needle plate cover.
- Remove the bobbin case. Grasp the bobbin case and then pull it out.
How do you fix a bobbin problem?
How to Fix Bobbin Thread Bunching and Other Threading Problems
- Thread the Machine Properly. Re-thread the upper part of the sewing machine making sure the thread is passing through every single thread guide on its way to the needle. …
- Change the Needle. …
- Inspect the Bobbin. …
- Clean the Machine.
How do you fix a bobbin that does not wind?
If your bobbin does not wind quickly and smoothly when you press on your foot pedal, your bobbin winder might not be fully engaged. This can cause uneven winding. Make sure you push your bobbin pin all the way over or loosen your bobbin wheel completely to engage your bobbin winding mechanism.