What is the first step in making a pillow case?
How to Make a Simple Pillow Case
- Step 1: Make a “Pattern” Using a pillowcase you already have, measure the rectangle to find how big you need to make yours. …
- Step 2: Cut Fabric. …
- Step 3: Pin the Fabric. …
- Step 4: Sew. …
- Step 5: Make the Opening Hem. …
- Step 6: Pin the Panels Together. …
- Step 7: Sew Around the Panels. …
- Step 8: Done.
How do you make a pillowcase step by step?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
How much material do I need to make a pillowcase?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
What are the different types of household linens?
- Curtains and draperies.
- Bed linen e.g. bed sheets, mattress covers, blanket, pillow cases e.t.c.
- Table linen e.g. table clothes, table napkins, tray or trolley and tea clothes.
- Bathroom linen e.g. bath towels and face towels.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
How many yards of fabric do I need for a king-size pillowcase?
Sizing Up Fabric Needs for Pillow Covers
|Type of Pillow||Dimensions (Length by Width)||Amount of Fabric Needed for 1 Pillow Cover (Using 54-inch Wide Fabric with No Pattern Matching)|
|King-size bed pillow||20 x 36 inches||1-1/4 yards|
|Square pillow forms||12 x 12 inches||1/3 yard|
|14 x 14 inches||1/2 yard|
|16 x 16 inches||1/2 yard|
How much fabric is needed for a king-size pillowcase?
How Much Fabric For a King Pillowcase. If you own a king-size bed or giving a pillowcase as a gift to someone who does, then all you will need is about 1 1/2 yards of 45-inch fabric. This amount of fabric should make a 20 by 36-inch pillowcase.