What oil can I use on my knitting machine?
I use and highly recommend Singer Sewing Machine Oil™. It is a widely available, highly refined, fine grade of machine oil and it does not break down at a high rate. I use nothing else and it has served my knitting machines very well for years.
Can I use WD40 on my knitting machine?
You can use WD40 on just about anything metal, Knitting Machines being one of them.
What is sewing machine oil substitute?
White mineral oil is a light oil which can be used as a substitute for sewing machine oil. Contrary to its name, white mineral oil is a clear liquid. Another name for it is liquid petroleum because it is a by-product of the petroleum distillation process. Mineral oil is cheap and available widely in most drug stores.
How do you clean a gummed sewing machine?
Using WD-40 On Sewing Machines
- Blow out all the lint with an air compressor.
- Generously spray the gummed-up area with WD-40.
- Work the mechanisms until they are moving freely.
- Blow out the WD-40 and gunk with an air compressor. …
- Wipe up the mess with flannel rags.