Should I use yarn workspaces with lerna?
Overall. Lerna coupled with yarn workspaces is a great combination. Lerna adds utility functionality on top of Yarn Workspaces for working with multiple packages. Yarn workspaces make it so that all dependencies can be installed together, making caching and installing faster.
Does lerna work with yarn 2?
Yarn 2 is rewritten from scratch and has extended support for workspaces, its plugin architecture has benefits for tools such lerna. There is good summary of yarn 2 features in article by one of the yarn authors. Lerna is mentioned more times. … Maybe some yarn 2 plugin?
Can you use lerna with npm?
Lerna is a tool to manage Monorepos with Git and npm, which automatically ties together all package versions used across your repository. Assume that you have multiple typescript projects in different repositories that have common dependencies. … By using Lerna, you can execute the same command across your projects.
Which is better yarn or npm?
As you can see above, Yarn clearly trumped npm in performance speed. During the installation process, Yarn installs multiple packages at once as contrasted to npm that installs each one at a time. … While npm also supports the cache functionality, it seems Yarn’s is far much better.
What is lerna good for?
Lerna is used mostly in bigger projects which can become hard to maintain over time. It allows modularizing the code into smaller manageable repositories and abstracting out shareable code which can be used across these sub repos.
How do I upgrade to yarn 2?
Step by step
- Run npm install -g yarn to update the global yarn version to latest v1.
- Go into your project directory.
- Run yarn set version berry to enable v2 (cf Install for more details)
- If you used . …
- Add nodeLinker: node-modules in your . …
- Commit the changes so far ( yarn-X.Y.Z. …
- Run yarn install to migrate the lockfile.
How do I install a specific version of yarn?
You can specify versions using one of these:
- yarn add package-name installs the “latest” version of the package.
- yarn add firstname.lastname@example.org installs a specific version of a package from the registry.
- yarn add package-name@tag installs a specific “tag” (e.g. beta , next , or latest ).
Lerna is a tool that optimizes the workflow around managing multi-package repositories with git and npm.
Basically, yarn link allows you to create symlinks to local projects.
What is LernaJS?