How much yarn do you need to make a coaster?
- Approximately 20 yards worsted weight (size 4), cotton yarn will make 1 coaster — you really want cotton for it’s absorbency. I used Yarnspirations Lily Sugar ‘n Cream — colors Hot Orange, Playtime, Yellow, Daisy Ombre, Hot Green, Lime Stripes.
- Size H crochet hook.
- Darning needle.
- Measuring Tape (optional)
How do you make recycled paper coasters?
Rolled News Paper Coasters
- Step 1: Cut Paper Into Strips. Take old news paper, fold them and cut into 4 inch wide strips. Add Tip Ask Question Comment Download.
- Step 2: Roll Paper Strips. 3 More Images. Using long skewer, roll the strips to long thin pieces. …
- Step 3: Make Coaster. 3 More Images.
What can I use for coasters?
Household Materials You Can Transform into DIY Coasters
- Clay. Clay coaster ideas appear on several DIY craft and home decorating blogs. …
- Clothesline. We’re not sure who first came up with the idea to sew coiled clothesline together for use as coasters. …
- Felt. …
- Leather scraps. …
- Rice and fabric. …
- Old t-shirt. …
- Scrap paper. …
- Wine corks.
How do you make fabric scrap coasters?
- Cut fabric and batting into 5.5″ squares (two each for every coaster)
- Layers two squares of fabric on top of two squares of batting.
- Sew around perimeter with 1/4″ seam allowance leaving 2″ opening on one side.
- Trim sides and corners to reduce bulk.
- Turn right side out.
- Press out corners with point turner.